(This was updated on 1/24/21)
The diocese was able to have clergy – of all denominations – added to the IB priority list, along with first responders.
Pennsylvania has recently expanded the 1A list which has caused a delay in when counties can receive the vaccine to distribute for 1B phase. Meaning, if you attempt to pre-register by occupation (for clergy) you may be told you are not eligible or the site will not allow registration by occupation. Private providers may operate on a different schedule.
Where can I get vaccinated? (List will be updated regularly)
Below are both county locations and private provider’s offering the vaccine and the link to register:
- State site locations for private and county locations: https://www.health.pa.gov/topics/disease/coronavirus/Vaccine/Pages/Vaccine.aspx
- Black Doctors Consortium:
- Bucks County (clergy are designated1B):
- Chester County (clergy are designated 1B):
- Delaware County (clergy are designated 1B):
- Montgomery County (clergy are designated 1B):
- Philadelphia County (clergy in review for 1B):
Before You Go:
- For clergy: You need to provide some form of proof your clergy/place of worship essential staff. Identification card, pay stub, bulletin with your name on it (Montgomery County). If neither available please contact us so we can help provide proof
- Family in the household of clergy does not count and will be turned away.
- Age minimum for vaccine:
- Pfizer-BioTech COVID-19 vaccine is not yet approved for children under the age of 16.
- The Moderna COVID-19 vaccine is not yet approved for children under the age of 18.
- If you have received any type of vaccine in the past 14 days, or plan to get a vaccine in the next 14 days, you cannot get the COVID vaccine until 14 days have passed.
- If you have tested positive for COVID, per CDC, wait at least 90 days prior to getting the vaccine.
Once vaccinated you must continue to wear a mask. Please share information about the vaccine as there is a lot of misinformation and many are deciding not to take the vaccine. Flyer for churches to pass out regarding facts on the vaccine: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/facts.html