The following is a list of churches offering outreach meals and shelter during the coronavirus outbreak. For questions or to include your church in the list below, please contact Canon Smyth, email@example.com. Food ministry guidelines are available here. (Updated 7/21/20.)
St Mary’s Episcopal Church, 36 Ardmore Ave, Ardmore, PA
- Food Pantry: Mondays, 10am – 12 noon and again from 6pm – 7pm.
- Needs: The church has created a GoFundMe account to help raise money. You can access it here. If you would like to donate food to help, please stay within the following list of items. You may drop them off at anytime in the enclosed porch leading to the church. Cold Cereal, Spaghetti Sauce (24 OZ), Canned Meals – Chili, Ravioli, Stew, Soup; Canned Beans; Peanut Butter; Jelly; Canned Tuna or Chicken; Canned Vegetables; Pasta; Mac & Cheese; Saltine Crackers; Snacks -individual size; Instant Oatmeal Packets; Granola Bars; Toilet Paper,Individually Wrapped.
St. James Episcopal Church, 3768 Germantown Pike, Collegeville, PA
- Lunches: Tuesday at 4pm
- Needs: volunteers and donations
All Saints’ Episcopal Church, 535 Haws Ave, Norristown, PA
- Dinner: 2nd and 4th Saturday, and fifth Saturday (if applicable) of the month
St John’s at Diocesan Center, 23 E. Airy Street, Norristown, PA
- Lunch: Tues-Thursday 11:30; Saturday 8:30
St. Stephens Norwood, 128 Chester Pike, Norwood, PA 19074, (610) 461-0490
- Meals: Weekend lunch for kids, 5:30-7pm Fridays; Common Good Supers: 1st and 3rd Friday of the month, 5:30-7pm
Need: For their weekend blessing bags for children they need:
- Breakfast: Instant Breakfast Packets, Individual cereal boxes, Oatmeal packets, Fruit & Grain Bars, Granola Bars, Belvita Bars
- Lunch: Individual Macaroni & Cheese bowls, Individual Ramen Noodle Cups, Drinkable Soup
- Dinner: Hormel Compleats (Variety of Flavors), Chef Boyardee microwavable bowls
- Snacks / Treats: Individually wrapped cookies, rice crispy treats, tasty cakes, etc.; Individually wrapped peanut butter crackers; Small bags of pretzels, chips, cheese curls, etc.; Individually wrapped fruit snacks; Mini cups of applesauce; Mini cups of fruit;Mini cups of pudding (shelf stable)
- Beverages: Shelf Stable milk (individually sized containers); Juice pouches; Shelf Stable small Juice bottles (for individual use)
- Fresh Fruit: Apples, oranges, clementines
Church of the Good Samaritan, 212 W Lancaster Ave, Paoli, PA 19301, firstname.lastname@example.org, (610) 644-4040
- Meal program: 1st and 3rd Thursday 9am-11; 2nd and 4th Thursday 5-7pm
Christ Episcopal Church, 316 E High St, Pottstown, PA 19464
- Lunch Program: Every Monday
Calvary St Augustine, 814 N. 41st Street Philadelphia, PA. 19105
- Breakfast (Grab and Go): Monday and Wednesday from 9:30 am until 12:30pm.
- Lunch (Grab and Go): Monday and Wednesday from 9:30 am until 12:30pm.
- Fruits and Vegetables: Thursdays starting at 11:30
Church of the Advocate, 2121 Gratz Street, Phila., PA, email@example.com. (215) 978-8000
- Lunch: Monday through Friday 12-1pm
Church of the Holy Trinity, 1904 Walnut St, Phila., PA 19103
- Dinner: Sundays at 5pm, Tuesdays at 5
- Brunch: Mondays at 10am (Tickets handed out at 9am)
Cristo y San Ambrosio, 3554 N 6th St, Philadelphia, PA 19140 (6th and Venango)
Providing bagged food on Monday and taking food to the elderly in the community and congregation.
Grace Episcopal Church and the Incarnation (The Food Bank at Grace), 2645 E Venango St, Philadelphia, PA 19134
- They offer food pantry pop-ups at the church and have been feeding 400 families each week. Their schedule is posted on their Facebook page or contact the office to be added to their mailing list, (215) 423-5851. They are also in need of volunteers, Please contact the church to do so.
- Need: Looking for monetary and food donations and volunteers.
St. Gabriel's Episcopal Church,101 E Roosevelt Blvd, Philadelphia, PA 19120, (215) 329-3807
Lunch: Offering: Saturdays 11:00 AM- 12:30 PM take away containers and when available, give away bags of fresh produce, and clothing.
St. Luke's Germantown, 5421 Germantown Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19144 Dina Harvey (firstname.lastname@example.org) | (215) 844-8544
- Food Pantry: Tuesdays & Fridays. 9:00 AM-9:45 AM
- Needs: Canned goods
St. James School, 3217 W Clearfield St, Philadelphia, PA 19132, email@example.com, (215) 226-1276
- Breakfast and lunch (must be 18 years or younger) and groceries/home supplies: M-F 9am-1pm, Saturday 11am-1pm, Sunday 6pm-7pm
St. Mark's Episcopal Church, Frankford, 4442 Frankford Ave., Phila.
- Meals: Wednesday Lunch, food distributed at gate, 10:30 a.m. - Noon.
St. Mary’s Episcopal Church, 1831 Bainbridge St., Phila.
- Male homeless shelter: 7pm-7am
St. Mary's Episcopal Church, 3916 Locust Walk, Philadelphia, PA 19104
- Meals: Wednesday and Thursdays at 5pm; Saturday at noon
- Needs: hand sanitizers, cleaning supplies
St. Simon the Cyrenian Episcopal Church, 1401 S 22nd St, Philadelphia, PA 19146
St. Peter’s Episcopal Church, 121 Church St, Phoenixville, PA 19460
- Food Pantry: Every other Saturdays 9-11
- Lunch every day of the week: 12 noon - 1:00pm. (This is ecumenical)
- Breakfast every Saturday: 8:00am-9:00am.
- Needs: Face mask, volunteers
The Church of the Holy Trinity, 212 S. High St. West Chester
Offering grocery & personal need items: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday 10 a.m. to noon; and Wednesday 1 p.m. -3 p.m. (You may call ahead to place order)
- Dinner Program: Fridays 4pm -5:30pm
- Needs: Food and monetary donations