In response to the urgent and traumatic situation in Afghanistan, the diocese’s Global Mission Commission will be initiating a few ways our diocese can help support our Afghanistan brothers and sisters affected by this.
Donations: The diocese will be collecting items for the remainder of September that will be distributed to people coming from Afghanistan into our airports. See below for drop off locations.
- Items for babies: Diaper cream, clothes, newborn hats and socks, diapers, wipes, bottles, baby food (no glass jars and no meat) spoons and new pacifiers
- Children's clothes (long sleeves and pants)
- MEN'S CLOTHING-IMMEDIATE NEED* (no shorts or tank tops)
- Women's clothing (mostly long sleeve but modest short sleeve is acceptable, no shorts, dresses or tank tops)
- Feminine hygiene products (no tampons)
- New modest underwear for adults and kids
- New socks for adults and kids
- Hats for all ages (cold weather and warm)
- Blankets (clean or new)
- Shoes (new or clean with very little wear)
- Toys (not battery operated)
- Stuffed animals
- NO GLASS ITEMS, pillows
- Please no monetary donations, e.g. gift cards, cash, etc. Only items from the list please.
Drop off locations for these items:
- St. Matthew's, Maple Glen
- St. Thomas, Whitemarsh
- St. Peter’s, Phoenixville
- St. Martin’s Church, Radnor
- St. David’s, Radnor
Other ways to help: If your church would like to offer property as a temporary shelter, would like to volunteer your time, learn how to be an advocate, or you feel you have skills that could be of use surrounding ESL /interpretation, free immigration legal support please contact us.