St. Thomas', 7020 Camp Hill Road, Fort Washington, PA 19034
The Rev. Canon Arlette Benoit Joseph, email@example.com
St. Thomas’ Church Whitemarsh is looking for a spiritual leader to be their next Rector. They are a suburban congregation of 1000 members located on a 48-acre hilltop campus with a 300-year history. Worship is at the heart of all that they do. St. Thomas’ campus is a spiritual oasis, and they believe that it is meant to be shared with others. As a community, they are active, knowledgeable, creative and heartfelt in their enthusiasm, with a strong commitment to respond to those in need locally, nationally, and globally. They feel called to go deeper spiritually and to continue growing a culture of generosity.
The next rector will be a spiritual guide, an inspiring preacher, a community builder and a partner in leadership who will journey with their community and those they serve, as they discern God’s call together.
The parish profile is located at https://stthomaswhitemarsh.org
Interested applicants should send cover, resume and OTM profile to the Rev. Canon Arlette Benoit Joseph, firstname.lastname@example.org
African Episcopal Church of St. Thomas (Overbrook) – Philadelphia
The Very Rev. Canon Martini Shaw, FrMartiniShaw@aol.com and email@example.com
Associate to the Rector For Parish Life and Youth Ministries
Skills, Gifts and Passions for Ministry
- An ability to work collaboratively and creatively, teaching and learning in community
- An ability to communicate through conversation: i.e. speaking, writing, and using technology and media in ministry
- Care for one’s own spiritual and physical health / growth: i.e. Sabbath time, prayer life, study, worship, etc.
- Passion for creative liturgy
- Passion for Christian formation for all ages: i.e. bible classes
- Passion for pastoral care and visitations
Responsibilities / Expectations / Supervision
- Reports directly to the rector and is under the supervision of the rector
- Maintains regular daily office hours, unless away on pastoral duties, visitations or meetings
- Fulfills weekly pastoral visitations to hospitalized and infirm parishioners
- Creates and nurtures the Young Adult Ministries of the parish, including our students away in school and neighboring St. Joseph’s University
- Assists and participates in all liturgical activities
- Exercises other pastoral duties as requested by the rector (preaching, presiding, counseling, bible classes, etc.)
- Avails herself/himself for emergency calls when the rector is away on business, vacation, off days, etc.)
- Participates in the general life and ministries of the parish and perform such other duties as required by the rector.
Responsibilities Specific to Youth Ministries
- Must be energetic, creative and passionate about working with youth;
- Must Recruit youth to become active members of the parish;
- Must organize / design / revamp / create dynamic opportunities for youth Ministry;
- Must recruit and work with adult leaders for youth
- Must support and work with the leadership of Church School, Scouts, GFS, Acolytes, and any other youth ministry of the parish;
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities. Such duties and responsibilities may be changed from time to time by the rector as needed for the furtherance of the parish’s vision and its membership.
Contact: The Very Rev. Canon Martini Shaw
African Episcopal Church of St. Thomas
6361 Lancaster Avenue
Philadelphia, PA. 19151
(215) 473 – 3065
Send Letter of Interest, Bio and OTM Profile to: The Very Rev. Canon Martini Shaw
FrMartiniShaw@aol.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Incarnation Holy Sacrament Episcopal Church, Drexel Hill
Contact Father Benjamin Gildas, email@example.com
To develop and lead the worship music ministry of Incarnation Holy Sacrament Episcopal Church in Drexel Hill, in consultation with the Rector, in a way that is consistent with our mission, values, and our IHS mission statement: IHS is a welcoming and inclusive family of faith. We worship, celebrate, and serve to strengthen and restore all people in unity with God and each other in Christ.
In the words of the Book of Common Prayer, the Director of Music’s ministry is to “perfect the praises offered by [God’s] people on earth.”
● Lead and direct the choir as well as accompany church music as appropriate on the piano and/or organ
● Rehearse with the choir on one weeknight, to be determined
● Lead the growth of the IHS choir including motivating congregants to join, and creating new rehearsal schedules and traditions
● In conjunction with the Rector and other music leaders, select and plan music for one Sunday service, as well as midweek and special services as applicable throughout the year
● Lead the vision for music ministry at IHS
● Direct hiring of other musicians for special occasions in the church, when agreed upon by liturgical leadership.
● Apply hymnody in new and creative ways including contemporary styles of music and instruments, as well as introduce new music and musical ideas to our worship
● Cultivate passion for music in the IHS congregation by selecting and teaching new service music and hymnody that reflects our mission to be a “welcoming and inclusive family of faith.”
● Promote the spiritual life of the congregation through music
● Possess leadership skills and self motivation
● Competent with church music accompaniment on the organ and piano and directing a choir
● Willingness to receive and process feedback not only from rector and leadership but members of the congregation and music ministry
● Familiarity with Hymnody of the Episcopal Church including the 1982 Hymnal, Wonder Love and Praise, and Lift Every Voice and Sing OR the willingness to learn
● Apply hymnody in new and creative ways including contemporary styles of music and instruments
● Ability to integrate music into the seasonal worship of the church and select theologically and liturgically appropriate service music, hymnody, anthems, and instrumental music with the support of the rector
● Ability to organize, coordinate, and motivate musicians
● Strong team player who possesses a willingness to work with the rest of the IHS staff
● Dependable, responsible, and creative
● Ability to listen to and communicate with people of all ages and musical backgrounds
● Interest in a wide range of musical experiences
● Understanding and experience of the flow, style, and substance of Episcopal worship especially though Rite II of the Book of Common Prayer OR a strong willingness to learn
The Episcopal Church of the Incarnation, Morrisville, PA
Contact harrietkollin@ comcast.net
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
The Church of the Incarnation, Yardley/Morrisville, PA is a small and hospitable congregation seeking a part-time organist and choir director. Our choir consists of committed volunteers who are eager to sing. We have a twelve rank pipe organ fully rebuilt in the 1990's with 855 pipes and a fully renovated and restored 1905 Steinway baby grand piano.
The music director is responsible for overseeing a weekly choir rehearsal and a rehearsal before the Sunday service and other special church services. The successful candidate will coordinate
with the Rector in the general planning and leadership of the music program.
Applications are now being accepted. Please send resume electronicaaly to harrietkollin@ comcast.net or by regular mail to The Rev. Harriet Kollin, The Church of the Incarnation, 1505 Makefield Road, Morrisville, PA 19067
Church of the Holy Trinity, 212 S High St, West Chester, PA 19382
Contact Elizabeth Cochran firstname.lastname@example.org or 610-696-4640 for detailed information or to schedule an audition.
Soprano Section Leader/Soloist Church of the Holy Trinity, 212 S. High Street West Chester, PA 19382 The fee is $55 per appearance and the Choir rehearses most Thursday evenings to prepare for a 10:30 am service on Sunday. Call time on Sunday is 9:30. Additional service opportunities for income. Any potential candidate would be paid to sing a Sunday service as an audition. More information about the Church: www.holytrinitywc.com.