St. Thomas', 7020 Camp Hill Road, Fort Washington, PA 19034
The Rev. Canon Arlette Benoit Joseph, firstname.lastname@example.org
St. Thomas’ Church Whitemarsh is looking for a spiritual leader to be their next Rector. They are a suburban congregation of 1000 members located on a 48-acre hilltop campus with a 300-year history. Worship is at the heart of all that they do. St. Thomas’ campus is a spiritual oasis, and they believe that it is meant to be shared with others. As a community, they are active, knowledgeable, creative and heartfelt in their enthusiasm, with a strong commitment to respond to those in need locally, nationally, and globally. They feel called to go deeper spiritually and to continue growing a culture of generosity.
The next rector will be a spiritual guide, an inspiring preacher, a community builder and a partner in leadership who will journey with their community and those they serve, as they discern God’s call together.
The parish profile is located at https://stthomaswhitemarsh.org
Interested applicants should send cover, resume and OTM profile to the Rev. Canon Arlette Benoit Joseph, email@example.com
African Episcopal Church of St. Thomas (Overbrook) – Philadelphia
The Very Rev. Canon Martini Shaw, FrMartiniShaw@aol.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Associate to the Rector For Parish Life and Youth Ministries
Skills, Gifts and Passions for Ministry
- An ability to work collaboratively and creatively, teaching and learning in community
- An ability to communicate through conversation: i.e. speaking, writing, and using technology and media in ministry
- Care for one’s own spiritual and physical health / growth: i.e. Sabbath time, prayer life, study, worship, etc.
- Passion for creative liturgy
- Passion for Christian formation for all ages: i.e. bible classes
- Passion for pastoral care and visitations
Responsibilities / Expectations / Supervision
- Reports directly to the rector and is under the supervision of the rector
- Maintains regular daily office hours, unless away on pastoral duties, visitations or meetings
- Fulfills weekly pastoral visitations to hospitalized and infirm parishioners
- Creates and nurtures the Young Adult Ministries of the parish, including our students away in school and neighboring St. Joseph’s University
- Assists and participates in all liturgical activities
- Exercises other pastoral duties as requested by the rector (preaching, presiding, counseling, bible classes, etc.)
- Avails herself/himself for emergency calls when the rector is away on business, vacation, off days, etc.)
- Participates in the general life and ministries of the parish and perform such other duties as required by the rector.
Responsibilities Specific to Youth Ministries
- Must be energetic, creative and passionate about working with youth;
- Must Recruit youth to become active members of the parish;
- Must organize / design / revamp / create dynamic opportunities for youth Ministry;
- Must recruit and work with adult leaders for youth
- Must support and work with the leadership of Church School, Scouts, GFS, Acolytes, and any other youth ministry of the parish;
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities. Such duties and responsibilities may be changed from time to time by the rector as needed for the furtherance of the parish’s vision and its membership.
Contact: The Very Rev. Canon Martini Shaw
African Episcopal Church of St. Thomas
6361 Lancaster Avenue
Philadelphia, PA. 19151
(215) 473 – 3065
Send Letter of Interest, Bio and OTM Profile to: The Very Rev. Canon Martini Shaw
FrMartiniShaw@aol.com and email@example.com
All Hallows Episcopal Church, Wyncote
Sherry Geoghan, Parish Administrator, 215.885.1641, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Director leads Preschool staff in carrying out the mission of the school, working collaboratively with the AHENS Board, church vestry, Rector, Preschool parents, and staff.
AHENS is a ministry of All Hallows Episcopal Church in the Episcopal Diocese of Pennsylvania, actively serving children and families in our community for more than 50 years. The Preschool welcomes children of all denominational and spiritual backgrounds. Current enrollment is 44 students. AHENS is a member of the National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES) and offers early childhood education programs for children age 2 – 5.
The goal of our program is to provide age-appropriate experiences that stimulate children’s interest in God’s world in an environment where each child can fully develop his or her spiritual, physical, emotional, mental, and social skills.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements
• Bachelor’s Degree in early childhood education, child development, special education, or elementary education
• Three (3) to five (5) years of classroom teaching experience
• At least one (1) year of supervisory or program administration experience
• Conversant in and practicing the Christian faith
• Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
• Proven leadership, managerial and organizational skills
• Track record of being flexible, approachable and inspiring positive collaboration
• Demonstrated ability to relate sensitively to children, parents and staff
• Openness to, and interest in, the spiritual formation of children
Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Requirements:
• Must hold Pennsylvania Certificate as Nursery /Kindergarten Teacher for private schools. If applicant has a public-school certificate in elementary or early childhood, they will be able to apply for a private certificate through the PA Department of Education.
• Necessary Clearances include Pennsylvania criminal and child abuse background checks, as well as FBI clearance and Act 168 disclosure.
• Must have three letters of reference from previous employers stating experience in educational administration, supervisory, teaching, and other educational activities, indicating the location and length of service for each.
Basic Duties and Job Responsibilities:
The Director is responsible for day-to-day operations of the Preschool, including curriculum development, staff hiring and management, marketing and communication, recruitment and enrollment, parent relations, budget development and oversight, and purchasing of supplies and equipment. The position requires supervisory, leadership, and communication skills along with a warm and nurturing personality.
• Plan, organize, direct, manage, supervise, and teach programs for preschool-age children.
• Work to facilitate positive relations among Preschool staff, parents and the parish.
• Prepare Board meeting agenda and attend monthly meetings.
• Maintain, develop, or modify curriculum to meet the needs of children enrolled in the school.
• Remain current on best practices in early childhood education.
• Work with Preschool Board to develop long-term plans to facilitate the growth of the school.
• Collaborate with AHENS Board to define policies of admission, attendance, tuition and educational goals.
• Establish all necessary policies, procedures or rules regarding the operation of the school.
Staff Supervision/Employee Relations:
• Oversee and assist the staff in administering, planning and evaluating activities and lesson plans that adhere to developmentally appropriate learning.
• Hold monthly staff meetings and mediate minor disagreements.
• Coordinate recruitment and hiring to fill staff vacancies. Arrange for substitute help for the staff.
• Handle day-to-day operation of the Preschool, including determination of all schedules, assignment and placement of preschool staff, and utilization of classroom space and resources.
• Ensure compliance with licensing requirements of the Pennsylvania Department of Education and serve as primary point of contact with the Department of Education.
• Plan and implement staff First Aid and CPR trainings.
• Manage all aspects of student admission.
• Collaborate with parish to develop marketing, advertising and recruitment plans as needed to maintain optimal school enrollment.
• Conduct tours for prospective families and organize marketing and enrollment materials.
• Maintain full records pertaining to the operation of the school.
• Work with Accounting Warden to prepare an annual budget for approval by the Vestry.
• Manage creation and issuing of monthly tuition invoices and collection of monthly tuition payments, registration fees, and activity fees.
• Handle purchasing of routine equipment, supplies, and snacks.
• Prepare and submit monthly payroll to AHENS’ accountant.
Communication and Leadership:
• Develop a strong rapport with All Hallows’ Rector, church staff, and Board.
• Communicate effectively with school parents and staff, prospective families, Board, and parish to promote understanding and support of the school’s ministry. Encourage feedback regarding programs and activities.
Hours: Full time, Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM - 3:30 PM during the school year;
flexible hours during month prior to start of the school year.
Preferred Start Date: 7/1/2020
Benefits: Health coverage available
Paid days off
Apply by Email to email@example.com
Application must include: Cover letter, resume and 3 letters of reference
St. Martin-in-the-Fields, 8000 St Martins Ln, Philadelphia, PA 19118
The Very Rev. Jarrett Kerbel at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Church of St. Martin-in-the-Fields is seeking a lay or ordained person to lead our Children, Family, Youth and Young Adult programming. We are looking for someone with a passion for sharing the Good News with children, families, youth and young adults. Do you wake up in the morning eager to do ministry with children, youth, families and young adults? Then this job is for you.
The successful candidate will be heartfelt in their faith, highly relational in their approach to ministry, an effective organizer and a proven developer of programming. At St. Martins we follow a collaborative approach to ministry; successful ministries are developed through mutual cooperation between staff and our highly engaged and talented lay ministers. We are looking for a team member who builds up leaders and teams for effective ministry.
While the focus of the position is children, youth, families and young adults, the job may be tailored to match other gifts for ministry held by the applicant. For example, we would love to branch out into campus ministry with three local colleges. Or, if liturgy is your passion, liturgy planning and supervision of liturgical ministries could also be included in the job description. Lay or ordained applicants may expect to preach, lead liturgies, teach, welcome newcomers and engage in our Becoming Beloved Community work.
The Church of St. Martin-in-the-Fields is an equal opportunity employer with a special interest in developing leadership which better reflects our growing neighborhood and congregational diversity. We affirm and celebrate LGBTQI+ people at St. Martins. We welcome all applicants.
Interested applicants should cover letter and resume to The Very Rev. Jarrett Kerbel at email@example.com.
St. Thomas Church, 7020 Camp Hill Road Fort Washington, PA 19034
Tamika Rodriquez, firstname.lastname@example.org
Position: Bookkeeper – Administrative Assistant
FLSA: Nonexempt Administrative Professional
Reports to: Parish Administrator
The bookkeeper – administrative assistant is responsible for establishing accounts and posting financial transactions to ensure the financial records of the organization are accurate and in compliance with legal requirements. The bookkeeper also performs routine financial calculations and general ledger entries. The bookkeeper may also check the accuracy of calculations performed by other employees.
Administrative duties encompass a variety of tasks, working closely with the Parish Administrator to provide a welcoming and helpful presence in the parish offices.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• High school diploma or equivalent; Associates Degree in Accounting preferred.
• 3-5 years general accounting and finance experience
• Familiarity with ACS/Realm Software; Quickbooks
• Data entry with attention to detail, accuracy, and thoroughness
• Developing and maintaining records in compliance with Statements of Finance and Accounting Standards
• Conducting research and analyzing information
• Maintaining confidentiality
• Operates computer programs with accounting software to create and maintain a chart of accounts, record, store and analyze information.
• Checks figures, postings and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy and proper codes.
• Classifies, records and summarizes numerical and financial data to compile and keep financial records, using journals and ledgers or computers.
• Debits, credits and totals accounts in computer spreadsheets and databases, using specialized accounting software.
• Receives, records and banks cash, checks and vouchers.
• Complies with federal, state and company policies, procedures and regulations.
• Compiles statistical, financial, accounting or auditing reports and tables pertaining to such matters as cash receipts, expenditures, accounts payable and receivable, and profits and losses.
• Codes documents according to procedures.
• Reconciles or notes and reports discrepancies found in records
• Prepare and implement payroll
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
• Performs other duties as directed by supervisor
• Respond to requests for information and resources via email, telephone, and in-person visits
• Place orders for supplies and equipment as authorized
• Pick up mail from P/O Box & drop off outgoing mail
• Sort all incoming mail
• Assist with seasonal bulk mailing
• Maintain parish directory - Realm
• Enter weekly pledges - Realm
• Create quarterly pledge letters - Realm
• Create YTD pledge letters – Realm
• Assist with correspondence to various ministries
• Maintains filing system
Knowledge and Skills
• Financial Management
• Ethical Conduct
• Performance Management
• Excel, Word, Database Maintenance
• Attention to detail
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a clerical, office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Resumes can be sent to email@example.com