Trinity Episcopal Church, 708 S Bethlehem Pike, Ambler, PA 19002
Karen Reid, chair of Rector Discernment Committee,firstname.lastname@example.org
We are a community of Christian people seeking to love God with all of our hearts, souls, minds, and strength and to love our neighbor as ourselves. We are on a journey that sometimes is celebratory and sometimes difficult…we are eager to journey with a new Rector who is willing to walk that path with resilience, hope and promise. We see our work as mutual ministry and commit ourselves to doing our part along the way. In a Rector we seek:
- A guide to help in our spiritual growth joining the Bishop’s vision for the diocese to “Know Jesus, Change the World”…with special attention to adult and teen formation
- A good preacher…a theologian able to speak in everyday language, sharing how faith impacts his/her own life
- A leader with cooperative, yet visionary leadership style…a team player who is able to delegate and empower
- A pastoral caregiver…an attentive listener who is able to meet people where they are
- A leader committed to social justice and interested in hands-on involvement in the community
- A guide with an understanding of finances who is not averse to discussing money
- A Priest with a sense of humor who is approachable and able to connect with people across the age spectrum and with diverse racial and ethnic groups
All Saints’ Episcopal Church, Torresdale, 9601 Frankford Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19114
Kathryn Hayes, email@example.com, 215-637-6899 (h)
Lisa Burke, firstname.lastname@example.org, 267-767-6131 (c)
All Saints’ Episcopal Church seeks a priest to guide us in our spiritual life, help us face our challenges, and lead us toward our strongest possible future. In the light of God’s wisdom and grace, we search for an experienced priest who hears a call to join our community and guide our parish family in the years to come. We recognize that each candidate will possess a unique combination of gifts and skills. We also recognize that a vital church depends not only on the efforts of the priest and staff, but also on the gifts and good will of all members of the Body of Christ. We ask candidates to reflect on the distinctive character of our parish and our community, recognizing that this position will demand considerable skill in several different areas.
● a forward-thinking priest who will energize the many talented and dedicated parishioners, lay leaders, and staff within our parish to collaboratively guide the way forward.
● an inspiring, dynamic preacher and spiritual leader, someone with the ability to help foster our spiritual lives and make the Gospel relevant to our daily lives.
● a priest with good interpersonal skills, especially with the warmth and friendliness needed to welcome newcomers, the ability to foster community for all, and a healthy sense of humor.
● a clear and effective communicator with the enthusiasm and energy needed to
maintain our active parish life and take on our challenges.
● a collaborative administrator who obtains input from the Vestry and congregation, where appropriate, as we work toward the achievement of common goals.
● a leader who can work to develop a culture of stewardship which would encourage the parish to give more of their time and talent, in addition to their treasure.
● a priest who can connect with people of all ages, including our youth as we work to re-invigorate our youth program.
● a priest willing to work with our long-time members as well as attract the next generation, particularly people in their 30s and 40s.
● someone who will welcome the diversity of ideas within our congregation, and who is committed to becoming an active part of the many facets of our community.
St. Peter’s Phoenixville, 121 Church St, Phoenixville, PA 19460
Discernment Committee at StPetersPvilleCall@gmail.com
With strong lay leadership, we are a welcoming and inclusive church community offering a liturgical worship service and a tradition of liturgically based music. We generously participate in outreach to the local community and an active mission to El Salvador. We offer programs that welcome and attract families with young children, and support active Christian education for children, youth and adults. A successful capital campaign is funded and progressing for significant building improvements.
The Church of the Holy Apostles, Wynnewood
The Church of the Holy Apostles, Wynnewood is eager to support the development of a Choir School for grade-school aged children, and is excited to announce a new part-time job opening for a Choir School Director. Compensation will be commensurate with training and experience, and consistent with Association of Anglican Musicians guidelines. Rehearsals will be on weekdays, and for the first year, the position will not require Sunday morning obligations. For more details, please email email@example.com.