African Episcopal Church of St. Thomas (Overbrook) – Philadelphia
The Very Rev. Canon Martini Shaw, FrMartiniShaw@aol.com and email@example.com
Associate to the Rector For Parish Life and Youth Ministries
Skills, Gifts and Passions for Ministry
- An ability to work collaboratively and creatively, teaching and learning in community
- An ability to communicate through conversation: i.e. speaking, writing, and using technology and media in ministry
- Care for one’s own spiritual and physical health / growth: i.e. Sabbath time, prayer life, study, worship, etc.
- Passion for creative liturgy
- Passion for Christian formation for all ages: i.e. bible classes
- Passion for pastoral care and visitations
Responsibilities / Expectations / Supervision
- Reports directly to the rector and is under the supervision of the rector
- Maintains regular daily office hours, unless away on pastoral duties, visitations or meetings
- Fulfills weekly pastoral visitations to hospitalized and infirm parishioners
- Creates and nurtures the Young Adult Ministries of the parish, including our students away in school and neighboring St. Joseph’s University
- Assists and participates in all liturgical activities
- Exercises other pastoral duties as requested by the rector (preaching, presiding, counseling, bible classes, etc.)
- Avails herself/himself for emergency calls when the rector is away on business, vacation, off days, etc.)
- Participates in the general life and ministries of the parish and perform such other duties as required by the rector.
Responsibilities Specific to Youth Ministries
- Must be energetic, creative and passionate about working with youth;
- Must Recruit youth to become active members of the parish;
- Must organize / design / revamp / create dynamic opportunities for youth Ministry;
- Must recruit and work with adult leaders for youth
- Must support and work with the leadership of Church School, Scouts, GFS, Acolytes, and any other youth ministry of the parish;
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities. Such duties and responsibilities may be changed from time to time by the rector as needed for the furtherance of the parish’s vision and its membership.
Contact: The Very Rev. Canon Martini Shaw
African Episcopal Church of St. Thomas
6361 Lancaster Avenue
Philadelphia, PA. 19151
(215) 473 – 3065
Send Letter of Interest, Bio and OTM Profile to: The Very Rev. Canon Martini Shaw
FrMartiniShaw@aol.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Send cover letter, resume, and OTM to: email@example.com
Christ Church, Ithan, (CCI) and St. Martin’s Church, Radnor, (SMC) are small, family-friendly congregations in the heart of the mainline suburbs of Philadelphia. Separated by less than 2 miles, our parishes share a community, a history, and a common vision for the future. In this ever-changing world, our sense of church is changing too. We are not looking to cast aside that which brought us here, but we are committed to growing beyond our walls and finding new ways to love and serve God. This is what has brought us together in a Covenant for the future of our congregations, and the search for a shared Rector. If you are inspired by the opportunity to forge something new and have a vision, perhaps you are just the Rector we seek. If so, please send cover letter, resume, and OTM to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
St. Mary's Episcopal Church, 104 Louella Ave., Wayne, PA 19087
The Rev. Joseph K. Smith, 610-688-1313
This is a great opportunity for someone who is creative, detail oriented and a team player.
The Communications Specialist is responsible to the Rector to provide creative support for the staff and leaders of the parish, including but not limited to:
• Maintaining and updating website using the WIX platform.
• Creating and maintaining a digital and cyber presence with our parish as well as in our community.
• Help us maximize our database data as well as so that we can effectively communicate with each other. Our database platform is called Realm from ACS Technology.
• Producing weekly e-communication. Current platform is Mail Chimp.
• Assist our committees and program areas with communicating our message out in the world.
• Assisting with written publications both internal and external.
• Maintaining positive interface with the larger community through pleasant phone manner and timely, gracious response to inquiries and concerns.
• Facilitating smooth communication by overseeing the parish's telephone, U. S. mail, e mail, and website functions.
• Organize and maintain parish data systems such as Parish Register (written), ACS database, parish directory, electronic address book, and central files.
• Maintaining parish master calendar, and disseminating pertinent calendar information on the church's website, weekly announcement, and monthly newsletter.
• Maintaining inventory of office supplies.
• Providing for routine maintenance and upkeep of office copier through outside vendors.
• Organizing and scheduling office volunteers to assist in the discharge of these duties.
This is a part time position, 18 hours a week ¬– four days a week, with an hourly compensation of $20.00. The ideal candidate will be detail oriented and be proficient with both Microsoft and Adobe software.
St. Paul's Episcopal Church, 84 E Oakland Ave, Doylestown, PA 18901
The Rev. Daniel T. Moore
Saint Paul’s Episcopal Church, a vibrant Christian community in Doylestown, PA, is searching for a Youth & Family Ministry Coordinator (YFMC). This is a part-time, salaried position of $10,400/year, averaging approximately 10 hours/week. The YFMC will provide leadership in the area of faith formation for families with children at St. Paul’s. The primary responsibilities are: overseeing Sunday morning formation for children and youth; choosing effective and appropriate curricula for their formation; communicating regularly with parents and adult volunteers; and coordinating all aspects of youth ministry in the course of the program year (September-June). Above all, we seek a Christian leader with a heart for youth and family ministry, demonstrated training and/or experience in this area, and who is eager to tend our youth program so that it grows into a thriving ministry—one which raises up our children in the knowledge and love of the Lord.
Contact: Please send a cover letter and resume to:
The Rev. Daniel T. Moore
Saint Paul’s Episcopal Church
84 East Oakland Avenue
Doylestown, PA 18901
St. John's Church, Concord
Email resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
This is a Part Time position that will support the ministries of the Clergy and St. John’s Church by fulfilling the following duties and responsibilities:
• The Parish Administrator’s (PA’s) Church Office Hours will be 16 hours/week; the position is for 4days/week including Monday and Friday; schedule needs to be consistent between the hours of 9:30 am – 1:30 pm. (16 hours/week)
• Be the point of first contact in the church office and on telephone and email.
• Be friendly, personable, and willing to be of service.
• Prepare weekly worship bulletins, bi-monthly newsletters, occasional parish reports and other materials as assigned by the Parish Priest using Microsoft Office Suite.
• Maintain and update the parish master calendar.
• Work with the Bookkeeper to maintain ACS Technology parish directory.
• Assist Cemetery Committee with cemetery computer records.
• Be professional in showing discretion and confidentiality in handling pastoral materials and information.
• Work willingly with Vestry Wardens (i.e. Chairpersons of Parish Counsel) and the Parish Priest.
• Maintain and operate photocopier and other office equipment.
• Complete light book keeping tasks as requested by Treasurer and Finance Committee.
• Business casual clothing and appearance.
• Assist Parish Priest in maintaining weekly E-news communication through “Constant Contact.”
• Be point of contact for all use of church facilities and grounds.
• Maintain inventory and order liturgical, facility, and office supplies as needed staying within budget.
• Assist Parish Priest with maintaining and updating parish records and files.
• The PA will have High School Diploma or equivalent.
• The PA will complete and remain up to date on all required Safe Church training and background checks (required for working in a setting with children and youth)
• Paid time off for eight national holidays and several additional church holidays
• Five days paid time off after 1 year of employment
• The PA will have excellent computer and
• This position is not accessible by public transportation
Email resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org