St. Paul’s Chestnut Hill seeks a rector with meaningful parish leadership experience, a spiritual leader grounded in faith, who will help us find within ourselves the inspiration to live into our baptismal covenant. Our campus is located in Chestnut Hill, a section of northwest Philadelphia which has been described as “a suburb in the city.” We are prepared to welcome a priest who is strongly committed to helping us realize what it means to be a caring faith community in the post-COVID world. We are looking for a spiritual leader who is an excellent communicator and whose attributes include compassion, candor, and humor. Our new rector will bring the skills needed to help us marry our treasured traditions with creativity, align our ministries with our mission, and help us make difficult decisions about the careful management of our resources. We look forward to welcoming a co-traveler on our faith journey. More here: https://stpaulschestnuthill.org/about-us/rector-search/
The parish profile is located at www.stpaulschestnuthill.org
1904 Walnut Street, Philadelphia
The Church of the Holy Trinity on Rittenhouse Square in Philadelphia, PA seeks a Music Director to develop and implement a vision for our future. The successful candidate will have experience leading one or more music ensembles. Advanced degree in music preferred. The Music Director will work collaboratively with clergy, staff, choir members, congregants, and community leaders to expand the use of its considerable musical assets for meaningful worship and a growing commitment to the surrounding neighborhood. The Music Director will assist in the imminent installation of an historic Moeller Opus 8128 organ and maximize its value for worship and community outreach. The Music Director will expand opportunities for participation in music programs for adults and children. Our historic building was originally designed for acoustical excellence and subsequent alterations have added to its city-wide reputation for musical performances that extend beyond weekly worship. The Music Director will utilize our building, our historic instrument, and our welcoming posture to those outside of our doors to develop and nurture relationships with Philadelphia’s rich and diverse musical community.
Interested applicants should submit:
1) a one page cover letter describing their vision for the music program at our church
3) either audio or video recordings demonstrating musical ability with choir, organ or other music ensemble.
Submit application to: email@example.com (receiving November 15 – January 8)
Full Job Description, including salary range, skills desired and responsibilities can be found at: https://tinyurl.com/CHTMusicDirectorPost
St. Martin-in-the-Fields, 8000 St. Martin's Lane, Philadelphia, PA 19118
Natalee Hill, Associate for Communications and Administration
The Church of St. Martin-in-the-Fields seeks a part-time Office Assistant to start this fall. Work for a thriving parish in the beautiful Philadelphia neighborhood of Chestnut Hill, with a diverse population that comes not only from the surrounding community but also the nearby neighborhoods of Mt. Airy and Germantown, and local suburbs. St. Martin’s is deeply invested in welcome, worship, formation, social justice, and service. Learn more about our community.
The job calls for a person with meticulous attention to detail and strong time management and people skills. The position includes answering phones, scheduling and supporting programs and events, and creating publications, so strong communications and computer skills are essential. The ideal candidate can adapt and respond to a variety of situations and needs, and address inquiries equally well via phone, email, and in person. Must understand and honor confidentiality. On-the-job training will be offered for specific software, but graphic design and membership database experience are a plus. Responsibilities are carried out on site. Position reports to the Associate for Communications & Administration.
Strong reading, writing, and communication skills in English.
Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite. Familiarity with publication and design programs such as Adobe InDesign and Adobe Photoshop preferred. Other common software and web-based programs used include: Google Suite, Zoom,
Familiar with and supportive of The Episcopal Church’s teachings, theology, and liturgy regardless of personal faith tradition.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, or equivalent work experience, is preferred.
Please read the full description and apply at this link: https://www.stmartinec.org/blog/now-hiring-office-assistant/
St. Thomas Church, 7020 Camp Hill Road Fort Washington, PA 19034
Tamika Rodriquez, firstname.lastname@example.org
FLSA: Nonexempt Administrative Professional
Reports to: Parish Administrator
The bookkeeper is responsible for establishing accounts and posting financial transactions to ensure the financial records of the organization are accurate and in compliance with legal requirements. The bookkeeper also performs routine financial calculations and general ledger duties utilizing ACS Technologies Software General Ledger, Accounts Payable, and Parochial Reports modules. The bookkeeper may also check the accuracy of calculations performed by other employees.
• High school diploma or equivalent; Associates Degree in Accounting preferred.
• 3-5 years general accounting and finance experience
• Familiarity with ACS Technologies Software a plus
• Data entry with attention to detail, accuracy, and thoroughness
• Developing and maintaining records in compliance with Statements of Finance and Accounting Standards
• Conducting research and analyzing information
• Maintaining confidentiality
• Operates computer programs with accounting software to create and maintain a chart of accounts, record, store and analyze information.
• Checks figures, postings and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy and proper codes.
• Classifies, records and summarizes numerical and financial data to compile and keep financial records, using journals and ledgers or computers.
• Debits, credits and totals accounts in computer spreadsheets and databases, using specialized accounting software.
• Records bank deposits.
• Complies with federal, state and company policies, procedures and regulations.
• Compiles statistical, financial, accounting or auditing reports and tables pertaining to such matters as cash receipts, expenditures, accounts payable and receivable, and profits and losses.
• Codes documents according to procedures.
• Reconciles or notes and reports discrepancies found in records
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
• Performs other duties as directed by supervisor
Knowledge and Skills
• Financial Management
• Excel, Word, Data Base Management
• Ethical Conduct
• Thoroughness, Attention to Detail
• Performance Management
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a clerical, office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a part-time position of 24 hrs per week. Retirement Savings Program offered. Vacation & holidays would be paid on a pro-rata basis.