Thursday, February 18th, 2021
6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
This is part 2 of the training held on 2/16/21.
Healing Communities was developed in response to the effects the ‘drug war’ and mass incarceration were having among urban families and communities in cities across the country; Understanding that faith communities play an essential role.
This training is 6pm-8pm on February 16th with Part 2 on February 18th from 6pm-8pm.
From this training, you will learn how to:
• walk with the returning citizens (connect returning citizens to resources that will help set attainable goals)
• help them connect with their faith (provide spiritual support)
• open their hearts to them (foster positive relationships)
• embrace them (extend open and affirming fellowship)
• provide understanding (collaboration with family and friends to rebuild relationships)
• Advocate for political change on a local, state, and federal level