Tuesday, February 16th, 2021
6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
This two-part training provides tools for faith leaders to advocate for those transitioning from incarceration back to the community.
Healing Communities was developed in response to the effects the ‘drug war’ and mass incarceration were having among urban families and communities in cities across the country; Understanding that faith communities play an essential role.
This training is 6pm-8pm on February 16th with Part 2 on February 18th from 6pm-8pm.
From this training, you will learn how to:
• walk with the returning citizens (connect returning citizens to resources that will help set attainable goals)
• help them connect with their faith (provide spiritual support)
• open their hearts to them (foster positive relationships)
• embrace them (extend open and affirming fellowship)
• provide understanding (collaboration with family and friends to rebuild relationships)
• Advocate for political change on a local, state, and federal level