Faithful Witness is a year-long program committed to fostering a sustained and consistent focus on gun violence across the diocese on the congregational level. This is a program of the diocesan Anti-Gun Violence Committee (AGV). "We think of this program as a drumbeat, consistently present and moving us towards an end to gun violence." From September 2018 through November 2019, AGV will work with 10-12 congregations to serve as hosts for the Faithful Witness program. Host congregations install Heeding God’s Call Memorial to the Lost on their campus and hold 1-2 community events to engage the congregation as well as other congregations in the deanery and the wider surrounding community. The AGV committee would coordinate and facilitate these events. Here is the list of events scheduled:
- Sunday, March 24th 3 PM - Gun Violence Awareness Day at Trinity Episcopal Church, Ambler. Faith communities in Ambler coming together for a day of raising awareness about gun violence. Trinity Ambler Episcopal Church is a participant.
- Sunday, March 31st, 11:30 AM at Trinity Episcopal Church, Buckingham. Memorial install and Heeding presentation . Members of Trinity will install the Memorial to the Lost and Bryan Miller will lead them in an adult formation following the service.
- Saturday, April 6th, 10 AM at St. Mary's Episcopal Church, Hamilton Village. St. Mary’s Hamilton Village -- on UPenn’s campus -- is installing a big part of the Philadelphia Memorial to the Lost (175 shirts).
- Sunday, April 7th 3 PM at Trinity Episcopal Church, Buckingham. PeaceMeal with Faithful Witness at Trinity Episcopal Church, Buckingham. A monthly community meal with 5 local congregations and other at-large members of the community. There is a shared meal followed by conversation. Bryan and Sarah will lead a conversation around gun violence.
- Sunday, April 14th 12:30 PM at St. Mary's Episcopal Church, Hamilton Village. Heeding presentation at St. Mary’s Episcopal Church, Hamilton Village. Bryan will speak at St. Mary’s monthly brunch following the worship service.
- Friday, April 19th 4 PM at St. George St. Barnabas Episcopal Church. Good Friday Walk at St. George St. Barnabas Episcopal Church. Heeding’s annual interfaith Good Friday walk happening at St. G, St. B -- There will be seven stops following Jesus’ seven last words, with interfaith prayers and music. Bishop Gutierrez will be at this event.
- Sunday, May 5th 3 PM at The African Episcopal Church of St. Thomas. Faith communities in Overbrook coming together for a day of raising awareness about gun violence. The African Episcopal Church of St. Thomas is one of the main participants and will be hosting the Memorial to the Lost.