Our 2022 Diocesan Convention will be hybrid offering both in-person and virtual components. All materials for Saturday can be found in the LiveBinder.
- Friday Night Eucharist (10/21) with the Bishop at The Philadelphia Episcopal Cathedral at 6:30 p.m. All are welcome. (Clergy can wear alb or Cassock and Surplice, green stoles.)
- Saturday (10/22) business meeting at the Cathedral. Convention doors open at 8:00 a.m. with the opening hymn starting at 8:45 a.m. To register for Saturday, go here. Parking is free in the lot across from the church at 39th and Market. (That lot is not available for the Friday night Eucharist.)
- The deacons of the diocese have organized a boxers, bloomers and briefs drive coinciding with Convention. To donate, click here.
- Pre-Convention Meetings: Have questions? We have answers. A full list of meetings is available here.
Below is a list of deadlines and reminders. If you have any questions, please contact us.
- 8/23: Nominations due for the various committees. You can see a list of open positions as well as information for submitting, here. If you miss that deadline, you can nominate yourself from the floor at Convention.
- Pre-Convention Meetings begin on September 21, 2022. You can register for one of the meetings here.
- 8/23: Resolutions are due and should be submitted to the chair of the Resolutions Committee, Karen Lash at firstname.lastname@example.org using the format found here. The deadline for Resolutions that propose changes to diocesan canons or the Diocesan Constitution has passed.
- 9/22: Churches to submit list of deputies and their email addresses to email@example.com. (Having those email addresses ensures we can set those deputies up for voting at Convention.)
- 9/30: All Committees and Commissions must submit their reports by this date. Some will be asked to come to our Media Center to videotape their report.
The following items are due from each parish vestry no later than the opening of Convention if they have not already been submitted:
- The Annual Parochial Report for the Calendar year 2021
- An audit of parish finances for the Calendar year 2021
- Your commitment of Sacred Gifts (formerly “canonical” assessment and a voluntary pledge)
If your vestry is unable to submit these items prior to Convention, a written explanation is requested so that the Convention may have a greater understanding for its consideration regarding seat, voice and vote for the parish delegation to Convention.
Registration and Materials
- Materials for Saturday's meeting, can be found in the LiveBinder. Registration for Saturday 10/22, available here. Questions about registration, contact Celeste Fisher, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Questions about resolutions should be referred to the Chair of the Resolutions Committee, Karen Lash, email@example.com.