"Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, ‘I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but will have the light of life.’"
2021 Diocesan Convention
Our 2021 Diocesan Convention will be a hybrid offering both in-person and virtual components. In addition, Convention will be held a little earlier - on October 22-23, 2021. While Bishop Gutiérrez’s formal Call to Convention will be issued at a later date, the Convention Arrangements Committee would like you to be aware of the following information at this time.
- Register for Convention, here.
- Materials for Convention, posted here.
- Nominations for Convention: See the list of open positions. Nominations are due on 9/23.
- Pre-Convention Meetings: Have questions? We have answers. A full list is available here. To sign up for any of the meetings, go here. Information for these meetings can be found here.
- Resolutions that propose changes to diocesan canons or the Diocesan Constitution are due 90 days prior to Convention, or July 26, and should be submitted to Stephen P. Chawaga, Esq., firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Other resolutions are due 60 days prior to Convention, or August 25, and should be submitted to the chair of the Resolutions Committee, Karen Lash at email@example.com using the format found at https://diopa.org/uploads/attachments/ckdklk0w94i0u2wqs0ff01xa2-resolutions- form.docx
- Questions about resolutions should be referred to the Chair of the Resolutions Committee, Karen Lash, firstname.lastname@example.org.