The 240th Convention of the Episcopal Diocese of Pennsylvania will begin on Friday, October 20, 2023 with Eucharist at The Philadelphia Episcopal Cathedral and continue there on Saturday, October 21.
Our upcoming 2023 Convention will be paperless. In this way, we continue to grow in our care for creation. All materials will be on provided on this page and, as in previous years, we will make use of Livebinder.
You can register for Saturday here. Questions can be directed to email@example.com. Registration is not needed for the Friday night Eucharist.
- Pre-Convention meetings are opportunities to review proposed resolutions, canon changes, the 2024 budget and for candidates seeking nomination to speak. You can register for them here. The Livebinder with all the materials you will need is located here.
- Friday Night Eucharist (10/20) with the Bishop at The Philadelphia Episcopal Cathedral at 6:30 p.m. All are welcome, no registration required. The service will be livestreamed here.
- Saturday (10/21) business meeting at the Cathedral. Convention doors open at 8:00 a.m. with the opening hymn starting at 8:45 a.m. You can register for Saturday here.
Below is a list of deadlines and reminders. If you have any questions, please contact us.
- 7/24: The deadline for resolutions that would change any of the canons.
- 8/22: The deadline for all other resolutions. The chair of the Resolutions Committee, Karen Lash, is using the format found here. Questions can be directed to her at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 9/7: Nominations due for the various committees. Here are all the details. If you miss that deadline, you can nominate yourself from the floor at Convention. (This was extended from 8/22.)
- 9/21: Churches to submit list of deputies and their email addresses to email@example.com. (Having those email addresses in advance ensures we can set those deputies up for voting at Convention.)
- 9/22: All Committees and Commissions must submit their reports by this date. Those that are asked to videotape their report must also do so by 9/29. (Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule time in our Media Center.)
The following items are due from each church's vestry no later than the opening of Convention if they have not already been submitted:
- The Annual Parochial Report for the Calendar year 2022.
- An audit of parish finances for the Calendar year 2022.
- Your commitment of Sacred Gifts (formerly “canonical” assessment and a voluntary pledge).
If your vestry is unable to submit these items prior to Convention, a written explanation is requested so that the Convention may have a greater understanding for its consideration regarding seat, voice and vote for the parish delegation to Convention.
If you have questions about any of these requirements please contact Canon Doug Horner at email@example.com.