The grant application period for Growth Development Funds opens on August 1, 2021. This is year five – the last year – of the program. Forty churches have received grants as part of this program.
During Bishop Gutiérrez’s pilgrimage, it was discovered that several congregations needed small to medium capital improvements to expand their capacity for ministry, hospitality, and community engagement. For some churches this meant a renovation to a room for youth; repairing an old HVAC system; improving access with handicapped ramps; repaving the parking lot; or replacing old windows with new energy-efficient ones.
Unfortunately, many of the congregations that shared these needs did not have the funds to undertake such a project. In response, the Bishop has created The Growth Development Fund to help parishes making such improvements. This is year five – the last year - of the Growth Development Fund. Here is information on grants from the Fund.
- Grants are for deferred maintenance that will enhance a church’s capacity for ministry or the need for capital improvement.
- Determinations will be made based both on an evaluation of the urgency of the need and the potential impact it may have on the congregation’s life and ministry.
- Awards will be for projects under $30,000. A church that receives a grant will be expected to report the following year on the progress of its enhanced ministry and the effect on the congregation.
- For Year 5, applications are being accepted from August 1, 2021 to – October 1, 202. Start your application now. (See page two of this.) Churches that need help filling out the grant can contact Canon Doug Horner, email@example.com.
- Awards are not made on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Churches that do did not receive a grant but applied before do not need to reapply. Any church wishing to have their application re-considered needs to email to Canon Doug Horner to confirm their prior year’s application be re-considered and declare any change in project scope or timing from the original application.
- Once you receive a grant in this program you cannot apply for another one.
- Awards will be announced by November 1, 2021.