Thursday, January 24th, 2019
Below is a lost of the churches in the Diocese that offer free meals, operate food pantries and/or personal goods pantries. We have also provided some information on assistance with paying utility bills and avoiding eviction.
If we have missed anything, please let us know by emailing email@example.com or go into our Asset Map to update. We share this list with the hope it will be passed on to anyone seeking assistance.
FOOD PANTRIES/MEAL PROGRAMS
Abington: St. Anne’s Episcopal Church
2119 Old Welsh Rd, Abington, PA 19001
• God’s Abundance Food Pantry-Tuesday’s, 11:30am
Ardmore:St Mary’s Episcopal Church
36 Ardmore Ave, Ardmore, PA 19003
Ardmore Food Pantry: Mondays 10am – 12pm and 6:30pm – 7:30pm
Bristol: St. James the Greater
225 Walnut St., Bristol, PA 19007
• Monthly Dinner-last Wednesday of the month, 6:30pm
Chester: St. Mary’s Church, Chester
703 Edwards St, Chester, PA 19013
• Food Cupboard-Every Thursday, 12:30pm-2pm
Clifton Heights: St. Stephen’s Church, Clifton Heights
199 W Baltimore Ave, Clifton Heights, PA 19018
• Food Bank-Every Sunday, 11:15am-12:15pm and every Wednesday, 10:30am-11:30am
Essington: Church of St. John the Evangelist
16 W 3rd St, Essington, PA 19029
• Community Dinner-1st Thursday of the month, 5pm-7pm.
Lansdale: Holy Trinity Church, Lansdale
407 N Broad St, Lansdale, PA 19446
• Lunch-Every Friday, 11 am.
• Sandwiches and fruit served on the corner of 4th and Broad St. in Lansdale. Soup and bread served inside of the church
Norristown: All Saints Episcopal Church, Norristown
535 Haws Ave, Norristown, PA 19401
• Bread of Life Community Café, on the 2nd, 4th, and 5th Saturday of each month. Dinner is served from 5pm-6pm.
Norristown: St. John’s Norristown
23 E. Airy St. Norristown, Pa. 19401. 610-272-4092
Meals : Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 11:30-12:30 Saturday 8:30-9:30
Free gently used clothing-Tuesday and Thursday: 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM
Norwood: St. Stephen’s Church, Norwood
128 Chester Pike, Norwood. PA 19074
• The Common Good Supper on the 1st and 3rd Friday of each month, 5:30pm-7:30pm.
Paoli: The Church of the Good Samaritan
212 W Lancaster Aver, Paoli, PA 19301-1758
• The Good Samaritan Food Closet on the 1st and 3rd Thursday of every month, 9am-11am.
• The Good Samaritan Food Closet on the 2nd and 4th Thursday of every month, 5pm-7pm.
Philadelphia (Germantown): St. Luke’s Germantown
Tuesday Morning Community Breakfast: 9:00 AM-11:00AM
Friday Food Pantry: 9:00 AM-12:00 PM & Clothing Nook is open.
Saturday Afternoon: Community Lunch: 12:00 PM-1:30 PM-Clothing Nook is open.
Philadelphia (West): St. Mary’s, Hamilton Village
3916 Locust Walk, Philadelphia, PA 19104
UCHC Dinner every Thursday night at 5:30 pm.
UCHC Sandwiches every Saturday at 12 noon.
Philadelphia: Christ Church and St. Michael’s Church
29 W Tulpehocken St., Philadelphia. PA 19144
• Community Dinner-4th Saturday of the month. Dinner is served 3pm-5pm,
Philadelphia (Chestnut Hill): Church of St. Martin in the Fields
8000 Saint Martins Lane, Philadelphia. PA 19118
• SUPPER-2nd and 4th Wednesday of every month, begins at 6pm
Philadelphia (North): George W South Memorial Church of the Advocate
1801 W Diamond St., Philadelphia, PA 19121
• Advocate Café-Monday through Friday, 12pm-2pm
• Food Voucher distribution-Monday, Wednesday and Thursdays, 10am-12pm
Philadelphia (Mt. Airy): Grace Epiphany Church, Mt. Airy
224 E Gowen Ave, Philadelphia PA 19119
• Supper-3rd Wednesday of the month, 6pm
Philadelphia (West/Center City): Philadelphia Episcopal Cathedral
3723 Chestnut St., Philadelphia, PA 19104
• University City Coalition Dinner-Every Wednesday, 6pm
• Monthly Community Luncheon-Last Thursday of the month, 12pm
• Food pantry-Every Monday, 9am-11am
Philadelphia (West): St. Andrew & St. Monica Church
3600 Baring St., Philadelphia, PA 19104
• Food Cupboard-Saturdays, 9:30am-11am
Philadelphia (Northeast): St. Gabriel’s Episcopal Church
101 E Roosevelt Blvd., Philadelphia, PA 19120
• Community lunch-Every Saturday, 11:30am-1pm.
Philadelphia (Center City): St. Mark’s Episcopal Church
1625 Locust St, Philadelphia, PA 19103
• Food Cupboard-Tuesdays through Fridays, 9:30am-11am
• Saturday Soup Bowl-Every Saturday, 7am-9am.
Philadelphia (Center City/Society Hill): St. Peter’s Church, Philadelphia
313 Pine St, Philadelphia, PA 19106
• Food Cupboard-Every Saturday, 8am-10am.
Phoenixville: St. Peter’s Church, Phoenixville
121 Church St, Phoenixville, PA 19460
• Daily Lunch-Monday through Friday, 11:30am-1pm
• Food Pantry-Every other Saturday and Monday, Saturdays 9am-11am and Mondays 5pm-7pm
Pottstown: Christ Church Pottstown
316 E High St, Pottstown, PA 19464
Community meal every Monday at 11:45 a.m.
Roxborough: St. Alban’s Church, Roxborough
500 Fairhorne Ave, Roxborough, PA 19128
• Supper-2nd Tuesday of the month, 6pm.
West Chester: The Church of the Holy Trinity
212 S High St., West Chester, PA 19382
• Friday Night Suppers-every Friday night, 4:30pm-6pm.
• Tenant Legal Aid Referral Line (267-443-2500)
www.phillytenant.org for rights of tenants
• Congreso de Latinos Unidos
216 W. Somerset St., Phila., PA 19133
• Action Wellness
1216 Arch St., 6th Fl.
Phila., PA 19107
• Philadelphia Veterans Multi-Service and Education Center – Supportive Service for Veteran Families (SSVF)
213-217 North 4th Street, Phila., PA, 19106
• Diversified Community Services-Dixon House (If you are behind on mortgage)
1920 S. 20th St
Philadelphia, PA 19145
• Office of Homeless Services (If eviction notice was received)
Emergency response Unit
Appletree Family Center
1430 Cherry Street
215-686-7151 or 7153
• Utility Emergency Services Fund (UESF)
1608 Walnut Street, Suite 600, Philadelphia, PA 19103