St. Thomas', 7020 Camp Hill Road, Fort Washington, PA 19034
The Rev. Canon Arlette Benoit Joseph, firstname.lastname@example.org
St. Thomas’ Church Whitemarsh is looking for a spiritual leader to be their next Rector. They are a suburban congregation of 1000 members located on a 48-acre hilltop campus with a 300-year history. Worship is at the heart of all that they do. St. Thomas’ campus is a spiritual oasis, and they believe that it is meant to be shared with others. As a community, they are active, knowledgeable, creative and heartfelt in their enthusiasm, with a strong commitment to respond to those in need locally, nationally, and globally. They feel called to go deeper spiritually and to continue growing a culture of generosity.
The next rector will be a spiritual guide, an inspiring preacher, a community builder and a partner in leadership who will journey with their community and those they serve, as they discern God’s call together.
The parish profile is located at https://stthomaswhitemarsh.org
Interested applicants should send cover, resume and OTM profile to the Rev. Canon Arlette Benoit Joseph, email@example.com
African Episcopal Church of St. Thomas (Overbrook) – Philadelphia
The Very Rev. Canon Martini Shaw, FrMartiniShaw@aol.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Associate to the Rector For Parish Life and Youth Ministries
Skills, Gifts and Passions for Ministry
- An ability to work collaboratively and creatively, teaching and learning in community
- An ability to communicate through conversation: i.e. speaking, writing, and using technology and media in ministry
- Care for one’s own spiritual and physical health / growth: i.e. Sabbath time, prayer life, study, worship, etc.
- Passion for creative liturgy
- Passion for Christian formation for all ages: i.e. bible classes
- Passion for pastoral care and visitations
Responsibilities / Expectations / Supervision
- Reports directly to the rector and is under the supervision of the rector
- Maintains regular daily office hours, unless away on pastoral duties, visitations or meetings
- Fulfills weekly pastoral visitations to hospitalized and infirm parishioners
- Creates and nurtures the Young Adult Ministries of the parish, including our students away in school and neighboring St. Joseph’s University
- Assists and participates in all liturgical activities
- Exercises other pastoral duties as requested by the rector (preaching, presiding, counseling, bible classes, etc.)
- Avails herself/himself for emergency calls when the rector is away on business, vacation, off days, etc.)
- Participates in the general life and ministries of the parish and perform such other duties as required by the rector.
Responsibilities Specific to Youth Ministries
- Must be energetic, creative and passionate about working with youth;
- Must Recruit youth to become active members of the parish;
- Must organize / design / revamp / create dynamic opportunities for youth Ministry;
- Must recruit and work with adult leaders for youth
- Must support and work with the leadership of Church School, Scouts, GFS, Acolytes, and any other youth ministry of the parish;
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities. Such duties and responsibilities may be changed from time to time by the rector as needed for the furtherance of the parish’s vision and its membership.
Contact: The Very Rev. Canon Martini Shaw
African Episcopal Church of St. Thomas
6361 Lancaster Avenue
Philadelphia, PA. 19151
(215) 473 – 3065
Send Letter of Interest, Bio and OTM Profile to: The Very Rev. Canon Martini Shaw
FrMartiniShaw@aol.com and email@example.com