Senior Accounting Specialist
The Episcopal Diocese of Pennsylvania Senior Accounting Specialist is a non-exempt staff position which has as its major responsibilities the performance of payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and receipt processing to support the ministry of the Diocese of Pennsylvania and the Bishop of the Diocese of the Pennsylvania. This position also assists the Diocesan Staff as needed, and functions as a member of the team.
Responsible for performing all payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable & receipt processing functions including:
- Ensure the accurate and timely completion of the semi-monthly payroll function including associated journal entries.
- Process monthly reconciliation of all payroll expense, withholding and benefit general ledger accounts.
- Process accurate and timely year-end payroll adjustments and reporting.
- Assist with audits of internal records, workers compensation, tax filing and related documentation.
- Maintain payroll and human resources files.
- Accounts Payable:
- Ensure the timely and accurate processing of all payments.
- Ensure all payment requests have appropriate supporting documentation and proper approval.
- Regularly review, reconcile all accounts payable accounts and subledgers.
- Process annual 1099s.
- Produce accounts payable reports as needed.
- Accounts Receivable:
- Process monthly and annual billing.
- Process monthly reconciliation of all accounts receivable general ledger accounts.
- Provide accounts receivable reports as needed.
- Provide support to parishes with questions & issues with their accounts.
- Receipt Processing
- Ensure the timely and accurate deposit and posting of all of payments received
- Work closely with the Senior Accountant in all areas of responsibility.
- Provide administrative support to Finance Team as needed
- Other tasks or special projects as assigned.
Specific Experience Required:
- Minimum of 5 years accounting/bookkeeping/payroll experience.
- Experience with fund accounting and nonprofits.
- Must have financial software package skills. Knowledge of Blackbaud Financial Edge a plus.
- Must have payroll software package skills. Knowledge of Paychex payroll a plus.
- Strong PC skills with proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Adobe Acrobat, and web portals & applications.
- Experience in performing administrative duties and functions.
Required Competencies and Characteristics:
- Excellent organizational skills & attention to detail.
- Strong professional sense of urgency with a commitment to become what is needed in the position.
- Works well in a team environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Willingness to promote our vision.
- Preferred Associates degree in Accounting; Minimum high school diploma.
Excellent benefit package with 10% 403b employer contribution.
Annual Compensation $50,000
Please send resumes to Canon Doug Horner, email@example.com