Church Training and Deaconess House Scholarship Fund
Scholarship Application Information
Download the 2014-2015 Application Form
- Funds are available to women seeking to be ordained to the ministry or for a post-baccalaureate degree program which would further her lay ministry.
- Scholarships are awarded on a competitive basis.
- Consideration is given to excellence of academic record, quality of the essay and financial need.
- Preference is given to residents of the Diocese of Pennsylvania.
- The Committee prefers to give a limited number of grants in the $2,000-$3,000 range rather than numerous smaller grants.
- Grants are for one academic year, but may be renewable for two additional years. Candidates for the Vocational Diaconate my apply for further renewals.
- Grants are paid semi-annually, directly to the Seminary or post-graduate institution.
All sections of the application must be completed, and all accompanying materials must be received by the Scholarship Committee prior to the March 21, 2014 application deadline each year in order for the application to be considered.