Episcopal Community Services has continued to meet the changing needs of the Philadelphia community for over 140 years. Our mission is to empower vulnerable individuals and families by providing high-quality social and educational services that affirm human dignity and promote social justice. ECS services help people of all faiths improve their own lives and gain the skills they need to be self-sufficient.
Current programs include:
- Foster care for abused and neglected children
- Home care services for frail elderly persons
- Shelter for homeless women and their children
- After-school youth development programs and teen workshops on Saturdays
- Permanent housing for homeless families
ECS offers an array of human service programs for vulnerable individuals and families of all faiths. The ECS approach is strength-based and client-centered. In the coming year, ECS programs will serve more than 2,000 children, youth and adults. Funding is provided by government contracts, foundation grants and support of parishes and individuals. ECS is blessed to have an endowment built by generations of Episcopalians, the income of which covers overhead costs, so 100% of every contributed dollar goes directly to services. For more information, visit www.ecs1870.org.