The Episcopal Church has a legacy of inclusion, where women and men serve as bishops, priests, and deacons in our church. Laypeople and clergy cooperate as leaders at all levels of our church and leadership can be expressed by all people in our church, regardless of sexual identity or orientation.
The Episcopal Diocese of Pennsylvania is looking for a creative and curious storyteller to highlight all the good work happening across 138 churches. Someone who is able to tell stories with video, words and/or photos. Someone who can uncover the story. Working as a team with the Director of Communications, this person will be “on the road” in the Philadelphia area 50% of the time talking and interviewing people. Specifically:
• Conduct and publish interviews with church leaders, parishioners, organizations.
• Maintain a content calendar and schedule posts.
• Ensure that all content is on-brand, and consistent in terms of style and quality.
• The Diocese will be launching a new web site in the fall of 2018 and we will need someone who can also post updates/news to the site.
• Distribute one weekly email newsletter, give input on future direction of communications.
• Assist with data entry into Member 365 (database) and our asset map.
• Effective time management, organization, and planning skills necessary.
This is an exempt position with benefits. All applicants should send a resume and at least three examples of “stories” or posts they created and shared either on social media or on the web. These can be attachments or links to work. Stories/posts do not need to be work related. Candidates should have at least three years of work experience, not necessarily in this area. Bilingual/Spanish a plus, but not required. Applications must be submitted to email@example.com by October 15, 2018.